What would you tell your younger self? Pick whatever age sounds more appealing, I’m not picky.-Anon
To a 14 year old WayfaringMD,
1. Those girls you wish were nice to you are losers. They will prove this to you in about 5 years.
2. The nerds you’re not so sure about right now will be your best friends in about a year. Cherish them.
3. Hold your head up. You are way cooler than you think. The adults aren’t saying it just to cheer you up.
4. Don’t worry about not having a boyfriend at 14. You’ll be totally cool with it when you’re 26.
5. That chick you’re always competing with? Once you stop competing, you will win (maybe in more ways than one).
6. You don’t have to be a gunner to be successful. You’re gonna be a freaking doctor. Don’t worry about the most prestigious schools. Also, Family medicine is way better than dealing with dead folks.
7. Hold on to (and build on) the fervor you have for Christ right now. Don’t put it off.
8. Talk to your mom more. I mean really talk to her. She’s a pretty smart chick.
9. There’s a lot more to the world than what’s in your little town. You love it now, and you always will, but you’re probably not going to be there forever. Get out and learn something different for a while.
10. B’s are not the end of the world. You will come to love and celebrate them.